Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Creativity

What does it mean to be creative?

Today in my living room, while still red faces and short of breath from our evening workout, this was the topic of discussion had by three folks who each considered the others to be creative. At points became circular. There was no agreed answer. For the dancer/singer performance of her chosen arts made her creative. For the singer/actor/painter/writer he felt his spark was missing, that feeling of creation. It had been, by his definition, some time since he had been creative. For me, it means creating something wholly my own - not following instructions to reach an end.

I wonder just how all those beautiful creative creatures, talented artists and wondering wanderers in my life to define it for themselves...

1 comment:

  1. Creativity is making something that wasn't there before that comes from me. It is a spark, an inspiration, an epiphany, something intangible that becomes tangible. It is being able to take a flash and turn it into something real.

    ReplyDelete