Friday, January 18, 2013

No more schools, no more books...

A song I sang as I walked across the stage to crazy yells from my friends and family in August of 2001, under the assumption I would never return to formal education again. More the fool I for thinking so!

After a dozen years off I have thrown myself back in the educational pool! My thought was that an online course would be a nice reintroduction into the student lifestyle. No set times, no travel, no social distractions, easy right? BAH! This "little certification" class is no joke, and I will be hitting the books something fierce to get it done by the 6 month deadline. There will be a flurry of flash cards, a covey of charts and a veritable herd of notes. Four pages of notes in a 20 min lecture. Time for me to relearn how to study and nail down my time management skills.

"Have I bitten off more than I can chew?" When this little gem rolls through my mind I just recall that the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. It may not be pretty, or quick, but it will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment