Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Want It More

Sorry for the extended radio silence, could give any number of excuses, but that is exactly what they would be.

Today's topic is never an easy one, and with any luck this will be the last time I have to address it from  this particular angle. Precisely how to find a way past the self sabotaging habits and back sliding comforts to be able to move on to the next progression.

Want It More is a phrase I picked up from my throws coach a while back, and now need to implement beyond the trig.

  • To want my health more than I want trashy comforting quick fix foods
  • To want my fitness more than my ass groove on the sofa
  • To want a clean and calming environment more than my over lengthy lazy times
  • To want better for myself, my family and my team rather than continuing with the same old routine
The trick to WIM, is finding the drive, the motivators to get from your currently level to the next. For me that means getting past the ideas of being a fat kid, a non-athlete, a not-a-home-maker, a not-a-cook and doing all those things for myself. All the tools are there, and I have the support I need to do all these things. There will be guidance, don't think I could shake my coaches with the help of the Witness Protection Program, but it is well past time for me to WIM. 

Here we go. 

1 comment:

  1. You must become one with a slow cooker. Very simple to make amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete